Part-Time; Monthly Stipend
Washington, D.C. – Must be eligible to work in the United States
The Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (the Network) was founded in 2013 as a concrete response to the growing awareness among peace mediation organization and the United Nations, that religious and traditional actors are vital, but underutilized, actors in peacemaking processes. Since its founding, the Network has grown into a community of peacemakers ranging from grassroots religious and traditional actors to international NGOs, think tanks, and academic institutions. The Network strengthens peacemaking through collaboratively supporting the positive role of religious and traditional actors in peacebuilding processes and through connecting them to national and international peacebuilders. Since its founding, the Network Secretariat has been hosted by Finn Church Aid (FCA), Finland’s largest development agency and provider of humanitarian aid, while the steering body of the Network, the Core Group, consist of variety of actors from UN Agencies to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Religions for Peace, and KAICIID Dialogue Center.
The Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers seeks two (2) highly motivated candidates for a part-time social media and graphic design internship for a fixed period from June to August 2021. Through the support and supervision of the Communication Coordinators of the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers, the social media and graphic design interns supports internal and external written and visual communications of the Network. Ideal candidates have a passion for design, creating original content and possess a keen interest and general understanding of international affairs. A monthly stipend will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support social media efforts, including creating and managing content from the work of the Network and its 70 members and supporters;
- Support in the development of virtual communication campaigns;
- Support in media monitoring;
- Support in website maintenance;
- Design Network promotional materials – virtual and print;
- Provide event-planning support, including the design of visual materials; and
- Support in administrative tasks (as necessary).
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current undergraduate juniors and seniors and/or graduate students
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning as demonstrated in submitted transcripts
- Must be able to commit to 20 hours a week with some flexibility, depending on the candidate’s schedule
- Experience in professional settings using social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter required
- Demonstrated experience in using design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) HTML, email and content management systems experience a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must have strong attention to detail and coordination skills to accomplish multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- General knowledge of international affairs
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The intern and the Network clearly understand that:
- Interns are responsible for their own health insurance, housing, and any other related expenses.
- There is no expectation of compensation upon the completion of the internship.
- There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
- The position will be considered “remote” until the current DC health emergency is rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must correctly submit all the documents outlined in this section in order to be considered. Preference will be given to candidates who possess extensive experience using social media platforms and graphic design.
To be eligible for an internship, students must be enrolled in an undergraduate (third or fourth year) or graduate degree program at an accredited college or university, or be a recent college graduate. To apply for an internship, you must submit:
- A resume and a cover letter – failure to submit both will result in your application being rejected
- A copy of undergraduate/graduate official or unofficial transcripts
- Students applying for an academic credit must be eligible and able to provide documentation from their school
- Two design samples (or link to online portfolio)
Candidates selected as finalists will be asked to submit writing samples, professional references or letters of recommendation upon request.
Please send all requested material at the same time to email@example.com and include “Social Media and Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line.
Applications must be submitted by 7 March 2021 at 11:59 pm
FCA Americas is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.